Based in Eskilstuna, Sweden
Filcher is a first-person, 2.5D, mission-based noir stealth game. As Sporey the master thief, break into guarded buildings to steal from the wealthy and corrupt, using only your senses, your wits, and a handful of tools and gadgets.
I started working on what would become Filcher in 2014, as a tertiary project after Superfighters Deluxe and my dayjob. The setting and plot changed several times over the years, from a World War II action/horror shooter, to a dark fairytale Metroidvania set in a crumbling castle, to a comedic Lovecraftian paranormal detective story, before I finally settled on the idea of a thief in a noir-inflected urban setting. The light-and-sound based stealth and minimal HUD - heavily influenced by the original Thief and Deus Ex games - was always right at the core, though. Filcher is a lo-fi loveletter to immersive sims, and to many books, comics, movies, TV shows and songs that inspired its world and characters.
- Tense, immersive stealth: Use cover and shadows to stay unseen, tread carefully to stay unheard, and use your eyes and ears to detect enemies, loot and secrets.
- Explore nine lovingly hand-crafted levels, each packed with loot to steal, enemies to outsmart, security systems to bypass, documents to read and secrets to uncover.
- Use your tools to solve problems in creative ways. They include a trusty blackjack, a sleep-dart gun, lockpicks, flashbangs and noisemaking windup toys.
- An intriguing story told through snippets of dialogue, in-game readables, mission briefings and comic book-style cutscenes.
- A score system that rewards stealth and exploration. Replay missions in sneakier ways to earn higher ranks. The ultimate rank, "Ghost", requires you to find all loot and secrets without knocking out any guards or being detected in any way.
Logo & Icon
About Johan Hjärpe
Swedish indie game developer. Co-founder of MythoLogic Interactive with Alexander "Gurt" Siigur. Also does solo games, art and music. My first solo release is Filcher, a first-person stealth game. More
Design, Programming, Art, Sound, Music